Friday, March 7, 2014

IX: 2

Chapter 9, Verse 2

"This is the knowledge
Above all other:
Pinnacle of secrets,
Only made plain
To the eyes of the mystics.
Great is its virtue.
Thus are they transported
To Truth Eternal."

Father Bede Griffiths:

The word that Krishna uses for this secret knowledge is Pratyaksha, which means "that which is truly known only by direct experience."  Once you have it, all of your actions will spring out of that inner understanding spontaneously and effortlessly.

Jesus:

My yoke [Yoga] is easy and my burden is light. (Gospel of Matthew, 11: 30)

Sri Eknath Easwaran:

Years ago I was taken to the library of someone who had collected a huge number of books about meditation.  I had never seen so many books about meditation in one place, and I told my host, "You must meditate regularly."  He coughed.  "Actually," he explained, "what with all of these books to study, I don't have time for meditation."  Then he asked politely, "Are you familiar with most of these titles?"  I coughed. "No," I said, "I don't have time to read many books on meditation.  I use the time to meditate."

In meditation, the mind is going to wander in spite of your best efforts.  Keep bringing it back whenever distractions upset the flow.

St. Francis de Sales:

Even if you do nothing during the whole hour but bring your heart back and place it again in our Lord's presence, though it went away every time you brought it back, your hour will have been very well spent.

Swami Shivananda:

Strive with all you've got, for life is uncertain and the prize is very great.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails