Wednesday, November 18, 2009

II: 64

Chapter 2, Verse 64,

“But the one who moves in the world of the senses,
Keeping the senses in harmony,
Free from attraction and aversion,
Finds rest in quietness.”

Eckhart Tolle:

“Stillness is your essential nature. What is stillness? The inner space or awareness in which the words on this page are being perceived and become thoughts. Without that awareness, there would be no perception, no thoughts, no world. You are that awareness, disguised as a person.”

Daniel Clark:

“…Being ’free from all attachment and aversion’ seems to be the key that unlocks the door to paradise.

I'll just repeat myself - how do I arrive there?

(1) doing service to Krishna.
(2) learning the science of spiritual reality.
(3) getting kicked around by the reactions to my material activities.

It seems to me that all three have to happen side by side over the years for the desired state to be achieved.”

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails