Thursday, July 24, 2014

IX: 22

Chapter 9, Verse 22

"For those who adore me
And think of me constantly,
I add to what they already have
And comfort them with absolute security."

Mahatma Gandhi:

There are three unmistakable marks of a true Bhakta: even-mindedness, skill in action, and undivided devotion.  These three are to be completely harmonized.  Without undivded devotion, there can be no even-mindedness.  Without even-mindedness, there can be no undivided devotion.  Without skill in action, undivided devotion and even-mindedness are pretenses.

Jesus:

I am the vine, and you are the branches.  Abide in me as I abide in you.  Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me.  Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit.  (John 15: 1-5)

Swami Satchidananda:

What a great promise Krishna makes.  God provides everything for you and protects you when you worship him one-pointedly.

How do you worship Krishna, your own Peace, the Self in you?

Your worship consists of constantly remembering...

This is the only thing that will save me and keep me happy always.  There's no other way for me.

So keep an eye on your own Peace.  Whatever is going on, see that you are still maintaining your Peace.  The moment that you feel that you are forgetting your Peace or that it's slipping away, immediately think...

No, I care more for my Peace than anything else.  Even if I could have the whole world in place of my Peace, I wouldn't trade it.  I just want Peace and Peace alone.  I am worshiping my Peace.

What is worship, really?

You want to keep with you what you love the most.  You won't trade that; it's non-negotiable.  Those who trade their Peace for anything else in life are foolish.  Only a fool would trade his eyes for a beautiful work of art.  Without his eyes, how could he appreciate it?

Sometimes you seem to be keeping your Peace, and still you are getting things.  They're just coming to you.  The indication is that you had no expectations to receive anything.  However, when you really go after something in the world, hoping that it will make you happy by getting it, you have already traded away your Peace.

Jesus:

The Holy Spirit will remind you of all that I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you.  My Peace I give to you.  I do not give as the world gives. (John 14: 26, 27)

Paramahansa Yogananda:

Those who are faithful to their Creator, perceiving him in all the diverse phases of life, discover that he has taken charge of their lives, even down to the smallest detail, and makes smooth their paths through the bestowal of divine foresight.

God upholds lovingly the wisdom of the Yogis, once they have found it.  He finds no difficulty supplying his lovers with food and shelter for the body as well as all other needful accessories of life.  Many people foolishly spend their lives seeking material prosperity, which must be forsaken at death [or sometimes sooner!].  Yogis use their efforts to absorb imperishable wisdom.  Their spiritual wealth is deposited for them by God in the bank of the eternal now.

Solomon:

Trust in the Lord with all thy heart.
In all ways acknowledge him,
And he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3: 5, 6)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails