Wednesday, February 16, 2011

IV: 14

Chapter 4, Verse 14

"No Karma affects me,
Nor do I aspire for its fruits.
Whosoever truly knows this about me
Is never bound by Karmic reaction."

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi:

"In this verse the teaching springs from the knowledge of the essential nature of Krishna who is beyond the relative and the non-relative, beyond the diversity of creation and the unity of spacious awareness, but holds within himself the fullness of both."

Sri Eknath Easwaran:

"Krishna gives me two ways to live. One is for myself, and when I live for myself, I wither and die. The other is to live for those around me, no matter how painful it may be, and to widen the circle more and more until it at last embraces all of creation. The more I live for others, the more resources will flow through my hands."

[Jesus tells us, as "resources" flow through his hands, "My yoke (Yoga) is easy and my burden is light." Matt. 11: 30]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails