Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chapter 2 Verse 7

Chapter 2, Verse 7

"Is this real compassion that I feel, or only a delusion?
My mind and heart grope about in darkness.
I cannot see where my duty lies.
Krishna, I beg you, tell me frankly and clearly what to do.
Be a light unto me on the path of my duty.
I am your disciple.
I put myself in your hands."

Sri Krishna Prem:

“The impossible is not demanded and, slowly, if there is patient perseverance, a new and divine knowledge will be felt lighting up the soul’s darkness within, for the true knowledge is to be found within. That which is simply derived from books or hearsay is not the real knowledge. Outer teachings may be effective in helping to give clear expression to what is at first only dimly intuited, but it is no substitute for the latter. The work of any real Teacher is to bring to birth that which already exists within, as has been so well expressed by Robert Browning in his poem Paracelsus.”

Truth lies within ourselves.
It takes no rise from outward things,
Whatever you may believe.
There is an inmost center in us all
Where truth abides in fullness;
And to KNOW
Rather consists in opening out a way
Whence the imprisoned splendor
May escape,
Than in effecting entry for a light
Supposed to be without.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails